The American Rescue Plan is here and the time is now! Gear up to help your IFP clients reduce their monthly health plan premium
A special enrollment period began April 12.
The American Rescue Plan Act (ARP) is helping to rebuild the U.S. economy affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Important measures within the ARP center on relief from the cost of health care coverage, and ensure that no one who purchases individual health coverage pays a health plan premium more than 8.5% of household income toward the benchmark plan.
This SEP is available for Individual & Family Plans (IFPs) available through Covered California.
Key factors include:
- Additional financial help for people who get health coverage through Covered California.
- Lower health plan premiums via new and increased subsidies help individuals and families
- Any uninsured individual or family can use this SEP to apply for 2021 health care coverage
- To help your IFP off-Exchange IFP clients take advantage of these new premium subsidies, help them switch to a Health Net IFP Covered California plan.
Enroll By Effective Date February 28 March 1, 2021 March 31 April 1, 2021 April 30 May 1, 2021 May 15 June 1, 2021
The American Rescue Plan SEP will continue through the end of the year. After May 15, 2021, the regular special enrollment period qualifying events apply Off Exchange only.
Individuals can use this SEP to enroll with Health Net to regain health care coverage. The first month's payment is required to activate coverage.
Two additional SEPs now available through Covered CA:
- Prop 22 now allows app-based drivers with a stipend to enroll for coverage through Covered California. Applicants can select the qualifying life event: "Newly qualifies for the app-based driver stipend." Coverage is effective the first of the following month.
- Another SEP is available for consumers who were not aware of the state mandate and penalty for not having qualifying health coverage. Applicants can now select the qualifying life event "Learned of state penalty" to enroll.
To maintain health care coverage, members' premium payments are due by the first of the month. Current grace period rules apply.