CommunityCare HMO

Need Care with Your Health Net CommunityCare HMO?

Use This Key to Start and Go!

Your Health Net CommunityCare HMO individual health plan has you covered! Through your Health Net CommunityCare HMO provider network, you have access to doctors, nurses, hospitals, pharmacies, urgent care centers, and more. 

And when you need care, you have options. For example, if you believe you might have the flu, you could see your primary care physician (PCP) or contact Teladoc or call the Nurse Advice Line. Just refer to the chart below to find what you need. You can also print a copy of our Mini Care Key wallet card so your Health Net options can always be close at hand.

Your Care Key

Health Net CommunityCare HMO – Individual  

Use the Health Net CommunityCare HMO provider network for all covered services. If you need a specialist, your PCP will refer you to one. There is no coverage for out-of-network services except for emergency care, urgent care and services approved by Health Net.

  Use... When you need... For things like... Contact info
Your primary care physician (PCP) Routine and preventive care, and referrals to specialists Annual wellness exams, general medical care Your PCP’s name and number are on your Health Net ID card. 
CommunityCare HMO Network providers Care from specialists and other providers  – requires PCP referral Matters of dermatology, cardiology, orthopedics, psychology, etc.1 Log in to your account to find providers in the Health Net CommunityCare HMO individual plan provider network.
Teladoc telehealth services  Health information, diagnoses and prescriptions
by phone, Web or Teladoc mobile app for non-emergency medical situations or when your PCP’s office is closed2
Sinus problems, upper respiratory infections, allergies, bronchitis, pinkeye, etc. 1-800-Teladoc
Nurse Advice Line 24/7/365 advice by phone from a registered nurse2 Urgent health concerns and care for minor injuries and illnesses like fevers and the flu 1-800-893-5597 (TTY: 711)
Urgent care centers Same-day treatment for non-emergency illnesses or injuries2 Minor sprains, earaches, colds, back pain, etc. Go to Find a Doctor to search for locations near you.

1Self-referrals are allowed for obstetrician and gynecological services, and reproductive and sexual health care services.
2Go immediately to the nearest emergency room or call 911 if you have an emergency.

Tip! Put the addresses for the closest urgent care center and ER in your phone or wallet so you always have them handy. To find in-network providers, just go to Find a Doctor. Then enter your ZIP code and plan type and follow the steps for Urgent Care and Hospital options in your area.