Mail Order Program
In 2023, Health Net's Mail Order Pharmacy, administered by CVS Caremark, offers the convenience of home delivery for most of your maintenance prescription drugs.
Beginning on January 1, 2024, mail order drugs for members on Ambetter from Health Net plans will be provided by Express Scripts® Pharmacy.1
1 The Ambetter Pharmacy Network and Express Scripts® Pharmacy replacing CVS Caremark Mail Service Pharmacy are pending approval from the California Department of Managed Health Care.
Only prescription drugs covered by your pharmacy benefits may be filled through the mail order pharmacy. Prescriptions for drugs or supplies that are not covered will be returned unfilled. Some drugs may not be available through the mail order pharmacy such as non-maintenance medication, medication with a quantity less than 45 days, or schedule II narcotics or drugs containing codeine, morphine, or oxycodone. Contact us for more information.
The mail order pharmacy should be used only for maintenance drugs, i.e. drugs needed for a long-term condition. Antibiotics for infections and painkillers for pain due to injury are examples of drugs for short-term conditions that should not be obtained from the mail order pharmacy.
Use the mail order pharmacy only to obtain drugs you have previously received. All first-time prescriptions should be filled at a participating pharmacy. This will ensure the appropriate dose has been determined and your ability to tolerate the drug has been established.
Take these steps to use the mail order pharmacy in 2023:
- View the Getting Started With Mail Order Pharmacy Kit (PDF).
You may also contact us to request a form.
- Complete both sides of the Mail Order Pharmacy Form.
- Mail the completed Mail Order Pharmacy Form with your original prescription(s) (no photocopies) and payment or credit card number for your copayment(s) or coinsurance to CVS Caremark at the address listed on the form.
Please contact us 14 days before you need your prescription or refill to make sure your next order is shipped to you in time. Typically, you should expect to receive your prescription drugs within 10 days from the time that the mail order pharmacy receives the order. If you do not receive your prescription drug(s) within this time, please contact us.
New prescriptions on or after January 1, 2024
For new prescriptions on or after January 1, 2024, you may do one of the following:
- Ask your doctor to electronically send or fax a new prescription to Express Scripts® Pharmacy. Your doctor can fax Express Scripts® Pharmacy at 1-800-837-0959. This number is for provider fax use only.
- Go online. Register or sign in and have your member ID number ready. Follow the guided steps to request a prescription. Once Express Scripts has your information, they will contact your doctor for approval of your prescription.
- Call Express Scripts® Pharmacy at 1-833-750-0836 (TTY: 711). Express Scripts® Pharmacy can contact your doctor for a new maintenance medication prescription to be filled at mail order.
- Mail a home delivery order form. To get a copy of the form, register or log in to Express Scripts®. Go to the Benefit Menu, click Forms, and download the Home Delivery Order Form. Complete the form and mail it with your original paper prescription to:
Express Scripts® Pharmacy
P.O. Box 66773
St. Louis, MO 63166-6301
Refills on or after January 1, 2024
Refills on or after January 1, 2024, may be requested using Express Scripts® Pharmacy:
- Online. Visit Express Scripts®. From there you can enter your information to request a refill. Just enter your date of birth and prescription number(s), which should be on your current medication bottle(s).
- By phone. Call 1-833-750-0836 (TTY: 711). There is a 24-hour automated refill system or you can speak to a representative who can help. Be sure to have your member ID and prescription refill numbers ready when you call.
- By mail. Complete a home delivery order form. To get a copy of the form, register or log in at Express Scripts®. Go to the Benefit Menu, click Forms, and download the Home Delivery Order Form. Complete the form and mail it with your paper prescription to Express Scripts® Pharmacy.
Mail order pharmacy benefits vary from plan to plan. Check your plan documents or contact us for information about your mail order copays.
You are also eligible to obtain up to a 90-day supply of maintenance medication from a contracted retail pharmacy.