Skip to Main Content

Special Enrollment

You can now enroll in a new health coverage plan through Covered CA during a Special Enrollment Period (SEP) without having a qualifying life event. This SEP is available now through the end of the year. You may qualify for premium assistance under the American Rescue Plan Act. See if you qualify for financial assistance.

When life changes, it's important to keep your health coverage up to date. Did you miss this year's enrollment period? You may qualify for a Special Enrollment Period. Call your broker or call Health Net at 1-877-878-7983.

Examples of qualifying events:

Losing other health coverage
Your health coverage status can change when you or someone in your family leaves a job that provides minimum essential health coverage or if you lose health coverage provided by other programs (such as Medicare).

Changing your income
A change in your income might make you newly eligible or ineligible for tax credits and subsidies.

Getting married or divorced
You may need to add or remove a spouse from your health coverage when your marital or domestic partnership status changes. (Only a current spouse or domestic partner can be claimed as a dependent.)

Adding or removing children as dependents
If you have or adopt a child, make sure your new dependent is included in your health plan. Children already on your plan must be under 26 years old. (The law allows dependent children to be covered by their parents' health coverage until the age of 26. After that, they need their own health coverage.)

Already know you qualify? Shop our plans

Life Changes: Staying Covered (Health Net 101) (duration 1:28)

How to keep your health coverage current in times of transition for you or your family.

 4 Events – Update Your Plan (PDF)