Get Contracted with Health Net
Health Net of California and Health Net Life Insurance Company (Health Net) work with brokers who are passionate about health. Here are the steps for contracting with us:
- Write (or assume) your first piece of Health Net business. You can use our online quoting engine or work directly with a Health Net Commercial Sales Representative to get the plan information and rates you need for your clients.
- Set up a Contract Account on our Broker Self-Service Web Tool.
- Upload the following documentation via your account on the Broker Self-Service Web Tool:
- Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company Agent/ Broker Agreement
- Web registration
- Direct Deposit Verification form
- Online W-9 form
- Proof of Errors & Omissions (E&O) insurance coverage
- Make sure the name on the Agreement, license and W-9 form match exactly.
- Commissions: If paid to a corporation, provide the corporation's tax ID number. If paid to an individual, provide the individual's Social Security number or tax ID number.
- Licenses must be current and active, and held with the appropriate lines of authority, of Accident/Health and Life.
Download our contracting user guide (PDF) for the step-by-step process.
Already a Health Net broker and have an update?
Make name, contact info, bank account, or other changes.
We'll send you a welcome letter once the contract has been fully processed by Health Net.
Important: Each Agent/Broker must be contracted with Health Net of California, Inc. and Health Net Life Insurance Company to receive a commission payment. Commissions cannot be paid prior to the effective date of the Agent/Broker Agreement.
If you have questions about becoming an appointed broker with Health Net, please call our Broker Services team at 1-800-448-4411, option 4.